Conditions of Entry
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
- I acknowledge that ocean swimming involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, heart attack, equipment failure, dehydration, hypothermia or accidents with other competitors.
- I understand that I must not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner and I confidently believe that I am sufficiently fit and healthy to compete in this event.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and/or recklessness and the negligence and/or recklessness of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Auckland Central Masters Swimming Inc and their respective officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
- I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
- I consent to the event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event. If using the baggage transfer service provided by the organisers, I accept the organisers will take all care but no responsibility for damage to or loss of my possessions.
- I understand that entry fees are refundable at the organisers discretion. In general this will be subject to receipt by the organisers of written(emailed) notification of withdrawal at least 24 hrs before the start of the swim. An Administration Fee of $10 will be charged.
- If the event is cancelled due to poor weather, rough seas or any other condition beyond the control of the organisers, I accept that my entry fee will not be refunded.
- I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database of my chosen event(s). These maybe used for promotional purposes by event stakeholders. You may unsubscribe from this at any time.
- I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
- I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
- I hereby certify that I am 12 years of age or older. (See below for younger swimmers)
- If I am under the ages of 12 years I will have these terms and conditions viewed, acknowledged and signed by my legal guardian. I will email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org which will in effect give consent for me to swim this event. NOTE:-Children under the age of 12 wanting to compete in this event should have a high level of swimming ability and fitness. Parental guidance is required.