Herne Bay around Watchman Island Swim
This is your chance to see how much that old wetsuit has shrunk over the winter!
When and where
Date: Sunday, 21 November 2021
Assemble: 7:00 am, Herne Bay Reserve, Herne Bay Rd
Start time: 8:30 am
Tide: 9.21 am
Nominal cutoff time: 1.0 hr
Prize giving: outside Pt Erin Pool, 94 Shelley Beach Road, Herne Bay
From Herne Bay beach (bottom of Herne Bay Reserve) to Masefield Beach with the harbour bridge to your left (bottom of Curran St) via Watchman Island. Total distance is approximately 2.2km.
Link to results posted here:
FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield information HERE
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield Manual Entry Form HERE
We will provide a van to carry your bags from the start to the finish
- For the Watchman Island Swim you must have undertaken appropriate training including time swimming in open water.
- If you are over 12 and under 16, you will need to confirm your parent or guardian consent when you enter
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
Entry fee and conditions
- The entry fee is $60
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 2.2km Watchman Island Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event. an admin fee of $20 will be charged for withdrawal.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $70.00
Prizes and trophies
There will also be a spot prize draw for all those present at prize giving
- Wai Wai Cup and miniatures for fastest male & female non-wetsuit swimmer
- Orca Cup and miniatures for the fastest wetsuit swimmer male & female.