The Bays Swim
The Auckland Open Water Swim Championship both Non-wetsuit and Wetsuit
A 3.6km course starting from St Heliers and finishing at Tamaki Yacht Club
When and where
Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Assemble: St Heliers Bay at 8:00am
Start time: 9:30 am
Tide: 11:34 am
Nominal cut-off time: 2hrs
Prize giving: Tamaki Yacht Club
Start at St Heliers, west along the coast to finish at Tamaki Yacht Club
We will provide a van to carry your bags from the start to the finish.
For the Bays Swim you must have already swum an equivalent distance of 2km in open water.
If you are over 12 and under 16, you will need to confirm your parent or guardian consent when you enter.
ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
For slower swimmers we have implemented a policy of transporting swimmers back up to the pack to reduce the spread, if you are asked please assist with this otherwise you will be asked to leave the water.
Entry fee and conditions
- The entry fee is $50
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the Bays Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event. An Administration Fee of $20 will be charged for withdrawal
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $70
Prizes and trophies
There will also be a spot prize draw for all those present at prize giving
- First male & female - non wetsuit - voucher.
AUCKLAND OPEN WATER SWIMMING CHAMPS AWARDS
1st 2nd 3rd Male & Female non-wetsuit & wetsuit will be awarded medals in the following age groups:
- 70 and over