Now the distance steps up a notch! The water is warmer and there are lots of viewing points along the way for friends and family watch you battle the elements. This year we will return to start and finish at St Heliers, and the event will double as the NZ Masters Swimming Open Water Championship.
When and where
Date: Sunday 4 December 2016
Assemble: 9:00am St Heliers Bay
Start time: 10:00 am
Tide: 11:37 am
Nominal cutoff time: 2.00 hrs
Prize giving: St Heliers Beach
Start at St Heliers round the buoy located offshore, head to Tamaki Yacht Club and round the buoy to the finish. Total distance 3.6km
The start and finish is at St Heliers.
- For the Bays Swim you must have already swum an equivalent distance of 2.4km in open water.
- If you are aged 16 years or younger we might want to contact you to have your parent or guardian confirm your ability to complete the swim
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
Entry fee and conditions
- The entry fee is $45
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 3.6km Bays Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $55.
- First male - non wetsuit – voucher and Eagle Technology Cup
- First female - non wetsuit - voucher and Eagle Technology Cup
- First male – wetsuit - voucher
- First female – wetsuit - voucher
There will also be a substantial spot prize draw for all entrants.