Rangitoto Wharf to St Heliers Bay. Total distance 4.6km.
The iconic swim on Auckland Harbour just over 4½ km across the channel to be greeted by hundreds of supporters on the beach.
When and where
Date: Sunday 18 March 2018
Assemble: 5:45 am outside the Maritime Museum on the corner of Quay St and Hobson St
Embark: 6:45 am on Fullers’ ferry at ferry terminal on Quay St. Sail for Rangitoto arrive 7:30am.
Start time: 8:15 am
Tide: 9:04 am
Nominal cutoff time: 2.5 hrs
Prize giving: Vellanoweth Green, St Heliers Bay
Rangitoto Island is a predator free zone administered by DOC. Ensure that your clothes/luggage es free of pests before you embark.
Swimmers may take only essentials to the Island as everything must be returned to the mainland and we have one coastguard RIB to carry it.
We suggest the most you should take is what you are swimming in plus sunscreen, wetsuit lube, drink(no glass bottles) and t shirt if necessary. Take a small plastic bag to put it in. We provide numbered rubbish bags at Rangitoto, one per 15 swimmers. Put your small bag in the rubbish bag corresponding to your start number and all will be transported to the finish
We will not allow luggage in excess of this on the ferry. Excess baggage must be surrendered prior to boarding the ferry and It will be transported directly to the finish.
If you have a valid reason for more luggage please contact us before the event.
- For the Rangitoto Swim you must have already swum the Chelsea Swim or an equivalent distance (2.4km) in open water.
- If you are aged 16 years or younger, you must have your parent or guardian confirm your ability to complete the swim
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
- For slower swimmers we have implemented a policy of transporting swimmers back up to the pack to reduce the spread, if you are asked please assist with this otherwise you will be asked to leave the water.
Entry fee and conditions
- Click here to Enter
- The entry fee is $75
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 4.6km Rangitoto Swim using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- Late entries are subject to the availability of space on the boat.
- Late entries will be processed at the Late entries Desk outside the Maritime Museum on the morning of the race. NOTE that final acceptance of late entries is subject to the availability of ferry seats.
- The cost of a late entry is $90 and will be collected on the day when boat seats are confirmed.
- First male - non wetsuit – voucher and Eagle Technology Cup
- First female - non wetsuit - voucher and Eagle Technology Cup
- First male – wetsuit - voucher
- First female – wetsuit - voucher
There will also be a substantial spot prize draw for all entrants.
A Water Filter for the house from Cintropur®
A wet suit thanks to T3