This is your chance to see how much that old wetsuit has shrunk over the winter
When and where
Date: Saturday 29 October 2016
Assemble: 7:00am, Herne Bay Reserve, Herne Bay Rd
Start time: 8:00am
Tide: 7:18 am
Nominal cutoff time: 1.0 hr
Prize giving: outside Pt Erin Pool, 94 Shelley Beach Road, Herne Bay
From Herne Bay beach (bottom of Herne Bay Reserve) to Masefield Beach (bottom of Curran St) via Watchman s Island. Total distance is approximately 2.2km.
Forms to Download
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield information HERE
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield Manual Entry Form HERE
A van will be provided to transport swimmers bags from the start to the finish
- For the Herne Bay Swim you must have undertaken appropriate training including time swimming in open water.
- If you are aged 16 years or younger we might want to contact you to have your parent or guardian confirm your ability to complete the swim
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
Entry fee and conditions
- The entry fee is $35
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 2.4km Orca Herne Bay to Watchmans Island Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $50.
Prizes and trophies
The following trophies are awarded through the Ponsonby Amateur Swimming and Life Saving Club.
Competition for these trophies is open to registered members of recognised swimming clubs aged under 25 years, registered surf club swimmers and recognised School groups. Wetsuit wearers and late entries are not eligible.
Reduced entry fees are available for entrants in the above categories. Entries must be submitted through the club/school. Contact the event coordinator for details.
- Orca Cup and miniatures plus vouches for the Fastest non –wetsuit swimmer male & Female
- Wai Wai Shield for the fastest male & woman club swimmer for time Adjusted (handicapped )
- Wai Wai Cup for fastest male & woman club swimmer
There will also be a spot prize draw for all entrants.